[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8240654 : ZGC can cause severe UI application repaint issues

Kevin Rushforth kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Thu Jun 11 12:23:44 UTC 2020

Do you have a Hi-DPI machine? I do, and had to run with
"-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1" in order to see the failure with
LargeWindowPaintTest.

For AlphaPrintTest, the test deliberately ensures that you print before
saying whether it passes or not. FWIW, I verified that the printing test
on my system was hitting the fallback code with the patch, but it seemed
to print correctly even without the patch.

-- Kevin