[aarch64-port-dev ] Errors in aarch64 C1 caught by the Mauve test suite

Andy Johnson andy.johnson at linaro.org
Mon Jul 29 11:32:59 PDT 2013

This is the way I set up the Mauve test runs:
1. Create a test directory on the build system (I use Linux-x86-64)
2. cd <test-directory>
3. export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at sourceware.org:/cvs/mauve
4. cvs login {password anoncvs}
5. cvs -z 9 co mauve
6. cd mauve
7. ./configure
8. make
    Note: if "make" fails due to an autoconfig version error, change the
version in the Makefile to match the version installed on your system.  I
changed 1.10 to 1.11.
9. java Harness -vm <path to JVM under test> -showpasses java.lang.Integer
    This should report 0 failures out of 31 tests run.
10. xvfb-run java Harness -vm <path to JVM under test> java
11. xvfb-run java Harness -vm <path to JVM under test> javax
     These last two steps create the class files for the java and javax
tests, so that they don't have to be compiled on the aarch64 target.  I do
this because I am running on
     the Foundation_v8 emulator.  Some errors will be reported.  You may
wish to record these failures, so that you can ignore the same failures on
aarch64.
12. Create a tar ball of the mauve directory.
13. Copy the tar ball to the aarch64 image.
      I do this by mounting the linaro-image-lamp-genericarmv8.ext3 image
as /media/usb and then copying the tar ball to /media/usb/home/root.
14. Launch the Foundation model running openembedded and linaro-image-lamp.
15. Unwind the mauve tarball.
16. cd mauve
17. Edit gnu/testlet/config.java to change the path to mauve. I change it
to /home/root/mauve.
18. make {This re-builds the test harness so that the newly edited path is
used}
19. java Harness -vm "<path to JVM under test> -Xcomp" -showpasses
java.lang.Integer
     This verifies that the test harness works on aarch64.
20. java Harness -vm "<path to JVM under test> -Xcomp" <any of the reported
test failures> (e.g. java.util.LinkedList.AcuniaLinkedListTest)