JEP 441: Pattern Matching for switch (suggestion re: handling sealed type selector expressions)

David Alayachew davidalayachew at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 18:44:58 UTC 2023

Hello Brian,

I think you may have misinterpreted the original post. Please see my
response here for more details.

https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/amber-dev/2023-April/007986.html

The original post is not saying "Why are we allowed to do catch-all's?
Isn't that bad?"

The original post is saying "There are 2 ways to perform a catch-all, EVEN
WHEN THEY COVER THE EXACT SAME CASES, but one of them can be deceptive and
easy to misinterpret, while the other is literally built to be a catch all.
Can we turn that into an error?"