Quick questions about parallelism and some amber features

Steve Barham steve at ethx.net
Fri Apr 21 21:17:40 UTC 2023

Hi David,

It feels to me that Boolean short circuiting in conditionals and statement
ordering in switches would both preclude parallel evaluation of conditions,
absent some infective constery to wave away side effects.

In any event - do you envisage any benefit from parallel evaluation? On
such scales would runtime cost not be dominated by dispatch and
synchronisation?

Steve