JEP 463: Implicitly Declared Classes (Second Preview) - Draft Spec Clarification

Leonid Arbuzov leonid.arbouzov at oracle.com
Tue Nov 28 19:44:08 UTC 2023

Hi Ron,

 > I think the most complete solution is for the JCK in such a case is
to require the implementation to provide some script that compiles the
source file and returns the class name of the top-level class that could
then be used for launching

Great idea. The approach might work. Let us think more in that direction.

> ...OR a script that compiles and then immediately runs the file.

The JCK runs compiled classfile with a reference JVM not with a tested
JVM. Not a problem: the JCK handles those steps.

Thanks, -leonid