<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for 7182902 [macosx] Test api/java_awt/GraphicsDevice/indexTGF.html#SetDisplayMode fails on Mac OS X 10.7

Alexander Zuev alexander.zuev at oracle.com
Tue Jul 17 09:48:14 PDT 2012

Alexander,

   couple of notes:

  - where is the code that throws IllegalArgumentException in case of no
matching display mode found?
  - similar way we have to add check that throws an exception when
someone tries to set display mode
when it's not allowed.
- the check for dcSupported here:

!             if (originalMode != null) {
!                 if (dcSupported) {
!                     setDisplayMode(originalMode);
!                 originalMode = null;
               }

is not needed - later we check for it when we assign originalMode so if
originalMode is set to non-null value then
resolution change is allowed.

With best regards,
Alex