<AWT Dev> [7u6] Review request for 7168062: [macosx] Java processes on Mac should use Oracle Java branded icons

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed May 23 08:41:33 PDT 2012

On 5/23/2012 8:25 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>> That seems like overkill to me. Can't we just put the .icns in the JRE (Contents/Home/jre/lib/images) and load it from there? What are we guarding against by putting it into a .h file?
> OpenJDK will use Oracle icons ? Even for the community version ?

I was wondering about this too. It seems wrong. The icon, and/or the
header file
should be in "closed".  We do not put branded images in the open tree, no
matter how its encoded since they aren't open source.
The openjdk should use something like the open source duke icon.
I am not sure I see how/where that works.

BTW good luck seeing

>  Bug:http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7168062

its marked for internal consumption only (for some reason I can't fathom).

-phil.