<AWT Dev> Fwd: Found and solved a bug on Cursor Management on Windows platforms

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Fri Apr 26 08:56:24 PDT 2013

Hi Morvan,

The IDC_HAND system cursor was introduced in Windows 2000. Java's
HAND_CURSOR seems to be introduced way before Win2K has been released.
Hence the need for a custom cursor back in the days. Clearly, this
doesn't make any sense today. We should switch to using the system
default cursor for this cursor type.

Would you like to prepare a patch for this issue, test it, and post on
this mailing list for a review? I know that building JDK on Windows is
not an easy task, but it can be accomplished nevertheless, and the new
build system has made it much simpler than it was before. Please refer
to this document

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/build/raw-file/tip/README-builds.html

for build instructions.

--