<AWT Dev> Review request for 8151385: [hidpi] JOptionPane-Icons only partially visible when using Windows 10 L&F

Hendrik Schreiber hs at tagtraum.com
Tue Apr 19 11:30:51 UTC 2016

> On Mar 22, 2016, at 17:43, Hendrik Schreiber <hs at tagtraum.com> wrote:
>

>> I created an application in Visual Studio and try to check the returned icon size.
>> It returns the same size 16 for both IDB_VIEW_SMALL_COLOR and IDB_VIEW_LARGE_COLOR.
>
> Really? That would contradict the documentation. Unfortunately, I currently don’t have access to a working Visual Studio installation. Next week will be better.

Hey Alexandr,

I finally had a chance to look at this again and can only confirm your findings. For some reason, Windows always returns a 16x16 icon, regardless of whether you asked for IDB_VIEW_SMALL_COLOR or IDB_VIEW_LARGE_COLOR.

I’m at a loss. If Windows does not provide appropriate icons, what should we do?

-hendrik