<AWT Dev> Review-request for 8143227: Platform-Specific Desktop Features

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Thu Mar 24 08:44:40 UTC 2016

Alexander,

I'm still worried about the way to call windows taskbar's COM objects
using the ShelFolder invoker.  The ShellFolder invoker is serialized (it
may send one request at a time and other operations are blocked it
returns). Requests to folder interfaces may take tens of seconds for
NetworkNeiborhood  folders, for example. This may impact the taskbar
operations execution time and block EDT if they are called on it. Did
you take scenario into consideration?

In the Unity Launcher there is possibility to add options/checks to the
app icon menu. Is it a lot of work to support them?

--Semyon