RFR: 8273685 : Remove jtreg tag manual=yesno for java/awt/Graphics/LCDTextAndGraphicsState.java & show test instruction [v3]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 17 14:08:53 UTC 2021

On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:05:21 GMT, lawrence.andrews <github.com+87324768+lawrence-andrew at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Problem :
>> 1) Test case was failing with following exception
>> test result: Error. Parse Exception: Arguments to `manual' option not supported: yes
>> 2) After removing =yes/no Parser exception is not seen but test UI will show and closes immediately  where the user cannot see what is on the frame.
>>
>> Fix :
>> 1) Add frame to show the test instructions.
>> 2) Added timeout for the test case.
>> 3) Show the test UI until either test case gets timeout or user press pass or fail button.
>>
>> @shurymury
>
> lawrence.andrews has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Simplified test UI

May I suggest making the component with text rendering smaller?
100 pixel height for each of the tests with text rendered at 20 and 50 instead of 50 and 80;
the entire component will have the height of 300 versus 600.

Does it make sense to a text area with instructions to make it clearer what is expected?
Will attaching a screenshot with garbled text help?

test/jdk/java/awt/Graphics/LCDTextAndGraphicsState.java line 49:

> 47: import java.awt.geom.RoundRectangle2D;
> 48: import java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch;
> 49: import java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit;

I'd also suggest sorting imports alphabetically. Your IDE could do this for you with its Optimize Imports command.

test/jdk/java/awt/Graphics/LCDTextAndGraphicsState.java line 63:

> 61:         g2d.fillRect(0,0,getSize().width, getSize().height);
> 62:
> 63:         test1(g.create(0, 0, 500, 200));

Not an issue, however, with the additional space the width and height are aligned in all the lines. :)

test/jdk/java/awt/Graphics/LCDTextAndGraphicsState.java line 120:

> 118:
> 119:         Button failButton = new Button("Fail");
> 120:         failButton.addActionListener(e -> {

For the sake of consistency, either declare the parameter type in both cases or not at all.