RFR: 8273506: java Robot API did the 'm' keypress and caused /awt/event/KeyEvent/KeyCharTest/KeyCharTest.html is timing out on macOS 12 [v2]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 22 23:29:26 UTC 2022

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 18:50:16 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kizune at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Clear the kCGEventFlagMaskSecondaryFn flag if it is set before posting keyboard events to the system queue.
>
> Alexander Zuev has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Adding test case.

I am not sure do we need to discard the possibility to press the shortcuts via the FN key, if the user may press them then why the robot cannot do the same? Looks like the behavior of this key is similar to the capslock which can be toggled on/off and may have a similar issue? If yes then we can press that button in the test twice to set an initial state(similar to how could fix the same issue for the capslock).