RFR: 8278620: properties installed by javax.swing.LookAndFeel installColors and installColorsAndFont are not uninstalled [v2]

SWinxy duke at openjdk.org
Mon Dec 12 18:27:24 UTC 2022

> Many `installDefaults` methods set the font, foreground, and background on objects but their inverse methods `uninstallDefaults` do not remove them. I've added an inverse method to remove the colors and font to call for the `uninstallDefaults` methods that install defaults.
>
> `AquaButtonUI` can call its super since it would otherwise be repeated code. `BasicComboBoxUI` (weirdly) installs the properties again when it should be uninstalling them, so I changed.
>
> I noticed that, in a few subclasses, only one of calls to the super of `installDefaults` and `uninstallDefaults` are made. That is, an overridden `installDefaults` may call its super while the overridden `uninstallDefaults` does not call its super (or vise versa). These classes are: `AquaTabbedPaneUI`, `SynthMenuItemUI`, `SynthSplitPaneUI`, and `XTextAreaPeer`.
>
> Sorry I couldn't write a test; I wasn't sure how I should have accessed the protected variable aside from creating extending classes for each class that changed.
>
> See also #6603, where this issue was discovered.

SWinxy has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Sync with CSR

  Only difference is that I added an Oxford comma

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10565/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10565/files/c5b9b48d..009855eb

Webrevs: