RFR: 8012675: Javadoc for javax.swing.text.html.parser.Parser.handleComment() needs to be updated

DamonGuy duke at openjdk.java.net
Mon Feb 14 18:13:12 UTC 2022

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:20:16 GMT, DamonGuy <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> Updated Parser class doc by appending to the doc regarding lack of support for HTML script tags. Adding this information to the "parse" function did not seem as consistent for formatting as adding it to the Parser class doc.

The script tag is a special case and has its own check in the 'parseTag' function. It specifically looks for the "script" element and logs an error if this is reached. I assume this code has existed since at least 2017 when the 'parseTag' function was brought up as the cause on the JBS report, but the issue has existed since 2013.