RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy [v10]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jan 14 02:07:29 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 18:14:45 GMT, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This change updates the serialized objects used by `java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java` using a similar approach to the previous fix in [JDK-8039082](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039082).
>
> Liam Miller-Cushon has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains ten commits:
>
>  - Merge master
>  - Write serialized objects at test-time in BadSerializationTest
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8277817
>  - Revert WIP
>  - Add a few more missing calls to LookAndFeel.uninstallColors
>  - Use LookAndFeel.uninstallColorsAndFont in BasicListUI
>  - Add @since 19 to new methods
>  - Add uninstallColorsAndFont
>  - 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy

I do not see a problem to have that serialized data since it have a good coverage and proved to be able find bugs. Note that every time this test fails were unrelated to the versioning of Swing, so I do not see a reason why we should change that to the version which will not be able find that bugs.

I agree that it would be better to have a tests which will found such issue, but looks like we do not have such. For example for the current issue I think nobody could imaging that there are a cleaning issue of fonts/colors/etc.

Since we found a real bugs, I suggest to thinking about an opposite solution and save the data not only on mac but on all platforms, and then load all of them during test execution, eventually this is a test for DnD in AWT which may also some issue related to peers and native objects.