RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy [v10]

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at openjdk.java.net
Sat Jan 15 23:29:39 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 18:14:45 GMT, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This change updates the serialized objects used by `java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java` using a similar approach to the previous fix in [JDK-8039082](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039082).
>
> Liam Miller-Cushon has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains ten commits:
>
>  - Merge master
>  - Write serialized objects at test-time in BadSerializationTest
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8277817
>  - Revert WIP
>  - Add a few more missing calls to LookAndFeel.uninstallColors
>  - Use LookAndFeel.uninstallColorsAndFont in BasicListUI
>  - Add @since 19 to new methods
>  - Add uninstallColorsAndFont
>  - 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy

I don't have a strong preference between the current approach in the PR of not persisting serialized objects, and of updating the existing serialized objects; whichever the `client-libs` group prefers is fine with me.

I restored the earlier version of the PR that updated the existing serialized data as https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/7100

@aivanov-jdk I spun that cleanup out into a separate issue, since I think it's a worthwhile improvement regardless of which fix is accepted here: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/7099