RFR: 8139173: [macosx] JInternalFrame shadow is not properly drawn

Toshio Nakamura tnakamura at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jan 26 07:16:51 UTC 2022

JInternalFrame's bottom area is not properly drawn with Aqua LAF.
This problem remained for long time, but we recognized it recently.

According to the bug report, it depends on MacOS's version. I don't have old ones (10.10 and 10.11 in the report), but the current MacOS can recreate the issue. I confirmed the following OS versions recreated this issue and this patch could solve it.

Mojave 10.14.6
Catalina 10.15.7
Big Sur 11.6.2
Monterey 12.1

jtreg "javax/swing" and "java/awt" have no regression.

Commit messages:
 - 8139173: [macosx] JInternalFrame shadow is not properly drawn

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=7228&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/7228/head:pull/7228