RFR: JDK-6998249: Wrong behavior/Javadoc of JTable.tableChanged(TableModelEvent e)

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jan 28 00:47:10 UTC 2022

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:11:27 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> Updated JTable's tableChanged() method docs to explicitly mention the coordinate system of the rows and columns.

src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/JTable.java line 4423:

> 4421:      * coordinate system of the view for the row; the appropriate
> 4422:      * mapping to the view coordinate system is performed by this
> 4423:      * <code>JTable</code> when it receives the event.

A few things
- since most of the doc is changing we can update to use the more modern {@code ...} instead
- the 2nd clause is now only about the columns so should say "the appropriate mapping of the column to"
- there's no @param tag .. how come doclint isn't complaining ? But we should fix it.
- This will require a CSR.
Oh and I assume you can confirm that you verified the above is 100% true .. and there's no need to mention RowSorter - can you point to where the event is created ?