RFR: 8267374: (macos) Left Option+Up/Down arrow dont traverse to beginning/end of line in textarea [v5]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.org
Tue Jul 12 19:51:57 UTC 2022

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 10:58:02 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> As per offline discussion with @prrace ALT_GRAPH support done via JDK-8151136 is reverted and tests testing ALT_GRAPH in macos is excluded..
>> @prrace can you please review?
>
> Even if JavaFX, Left and Right Option key is mapped to ALT so I guess we will be consistent with that too.

> > One macOS you will not see the "Alt" key as well, but we use that name.
>
> At least I can see

Just a clarification:

On the new keyboards, it does not have it, I have two laptops where the "alt" label is missing:
![mac-keyboard-alt](https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/social/keyboards-social-card.jpg)

The official document about the keyboard [mentions ](https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236) the "alt" key in case the windows keyboard is used: `"On keyboards made for Windows PCs, use the Alt key instead of Option, and the Windows logo key instead of Command."`

So I do not see a reason why the "right option" - "alt gr" key on the PC keyboard cannot be mapped to the ALT_GRAPH, same as "left option" - "alt" is mapped to the ALT.