RFR: 8284888 : [macos] javax/swing/JInternalFrame/8146321/JInternalFrameIconTest.java failed with "NimbusLookAndFeel] : ERROR: icon and imageIcon not same." [v2]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 5 04:10:16 UTC 2022

On Wed, 4 May 2022 11:04:50 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Test used to fail in specific CI macos M1 system owing to miniscule color difference
>>

>> x 0 y 0 red1 171 red2 171 green1 174 green2 175 blue1 184 blue2 184
>> x 0 y 1 red1 172 red2 173 green1 177 green2 177 blue1 185 blue2 185
>> x 0 y 2 red1 173 red2 174 green1 177 green2 178 blue1 187 blue2 187
>> x 0 y 6 red1 0 red2 0 green1 1 green2 0 blue1 0 blue2 0
>> x 0 y 15 red1 1 red2 0 green1 0 green2 0 blue1 0 blue2 0
>>

>> SInce we already have color-tolerance check present, there is no need of exact color value check.
>> Also, made the frame undecorated and remove unneeded library being built.
>> Several iterations of the test passed in the same system (where it used to fail 4/10) along with other platforms (link in JBS)
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Reduce color tolerance

Yes, it looks for Aqua the icon is "after" the disabled close, maximize, resizable buttons
whereas for other L&F those buttons are not there so for other L&F the icon is at extreme left
but it is strange that the images captured during the failure "imageicon-fail.png" and "iconimage-fail.png" (attached in JBS) shows the image which resembles the icon image (a black square)
I tried to create JInternalFrame(String title, boolean resizable, boolean closable, boolean maximizable, boolean iconifiable) with false for all but it still shows those buttons for Aqua..

I am not sure if there is an y deterministic way to find out the location of the icon