RFR: 8294807: Fix typos and clarify javadoc for SunToolKit.realsSync

Damon Nguyen dnguyen at openjdk.org
Thu Oct 6 23:27:24 UTC 2022

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 20:23:28 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I fixed the typo “serie” → "series" which was highlighted by a spellchecker.
>>
>> I also simplified the description, fixed the grammar, added `{@code}` around types, added link to `requestFocus` in the example.
>
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/awt/SunToolkit.java line 1451:
>
>> 1449:      *
>> 1450:      * <p> This method allows writing tests without explicit timeouts
>> 1451:      * or waiting for some event.  Example:
>
> Should it be “without _using_ … or waiting …”?
> Does “for an event” sound better?

In my opinion, "without using ... or waiting ..." seems better to match the tense of "waiting" to show more clearly what the "or" is intended for (assuming the OR is meant for the explicit timeouts and the waiting for an event).

Otherwise, the "or" may be confused to be between "writing ... or waiting ...".

For the "event" portion, I think either here is OK. I don't think either would cause confusion and both sound reasonable.