RFR: 8293811: Provide a reason for PassFailJFrame.forceFail

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Thu Sep 15 09:50:43 UTC 2022

On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 05:06:08 GMT, Jayathirth D V <jdv at openjdk.org> wrote:

> If there are other tests where we can use PassFailJFrame.forceFail(String) instead of throwing RuntimeException, we should raise a bug and keep it for tracking.
>
> LGTM.

That's the only test I know about.

jtreg handles it gracefully, so it's not a very big issue. At the same time, we should handle the case where exception is thrown from the code which prepares the test. It is [one of problems to be addressed](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/9525#issuecomment-1220057640).