RFR: 8304915: Create jdk.internal.util.Architecture enum and apply [v4]

Glavo duke at openjdk.org
Wed Apr 5 21:40:16 UTC 2023

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 20:28:17 GMT, Bernd <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

> It should define what’s the difference to aarch64 for example will aarch64 also be arm, but arm32 wont? (Or remove)

I think x86 and ARM are a bit confusing in this regard, as they can refer to 32-bit architectures in a narrow sense and 32-bit or 64 bit architectures in a broad sense.

For clarity, we can use more specific names: `x86-32`/`i686` and `arm32`/`aarch32`. But these names don't seem to be that commonly used.