RFR: 8071693: Introspector ignores default interface methods [v4]

Archie L. Cobbs duke at openjdk.org
Thu Apr 20 22:24:43 UTC 2023

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 19:29:46 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The fix overall looks fine, but I'm not seeing why you think it needs a CSR. It is just a bug fix.

I'm not sure if it does or not. According to the [CSR FAQ](https://wiki.openjdk.org/display/csr/CSR+FAQs), _Behavioral compatibility involves operational equivalence; with "the same" inputs, does a program behave "the same way" before and after a change._

I've been dinged before for mere "bug fixes" without a CSR (see for example #10856 which made the compiler behave more closely to the spec and was eventually reverted because of it :) So, just being conservative I guess.

I'd be happy to be wrong. @jddarcy, your opinion?