RFR: 8316146: Open some swing tests 4 [v2]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Thu Sep 28 16:03:35 UTC 2023

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:39:27 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Since this isn't a test for applet I think we should keep it for now

What do you mean?

All the test does is it verifies the `installComponents` method is accessible in a subclass of `BasicMenuItemUI`. The [`installComponents`](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/21/docs/api/java.desktop/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicMenuItemUI.html#installComponents(javax.swing.JMenuItem)) method is protected since JDK 1.3, it's now a public API. Removing it requires a CSR.

Can it be accidentally removed? Can it be accidentally made package-private or private? *Very unlikely.* Therefore, we can save time by not running this test.