Windows 11: Notifications vanishes after few seconds.

Aleksei Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Mon Jan 8 19:55:52 UTC 2024

On 2024-01-08 19:30, Davide Perini wrote:
> Thanks for the Answer Aleksei,
> I have a lot of Windows apps that uses notifications without problems.
>
> even a simple python program like this works correctly.
> from win11toastimport toast
>
> toast('Hello','Click to run python script')

Python could use newer WinRT APIs [6], in particular ToastNotification
class [7] which provide richer interface for the toast notifications.
The package name ‘toast’ hints it uses the newer APIs.

> is it possible that Microsoft changed the way how to create
> Notifications in Windows 11 and Java still uses the way it worked in
> Windows 7?

Perhaps, Microsoft changed how they handle notifications in Windows 11.
In Windows 10, the notifications created with a Java app remain in
Action / Notification centre.

Java uses Shell_NotifyIcon [8] function that has been available since
Windows 95.

--
Regards,
Alexey