RFR: JDK-8276809: java/awt/font/JNICheck/FreeTypeScalerJNICheck.java shows JNI warning on Windows

Matthias Baesken mbaesken at openjdk.org
Wed Jan 10 15:13:30 UTC 2024

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 06:35:12 GMT, Philip Race <philip.race at oracle.com> wrote:

>reason for the exception which has NEVER been seen in our testing here and once understood

I checked the new output of the jtr with this change (where ExceptionDescribe is called) but nothing is reported unfortunately.
So I really wonder - is there a exception present that we could try to understand ?

>rather than suppressing it needs an actual fix and yet here it is again in the form previously rejected.

Without getting the exception (if there is one?)  it is hard to propose a fix; it is not even totally clear if there is need for a fix.