Integrated: 8321151: JDK-8294427 breaks Windows L&F on all older Windows versions

Aleksei Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Wed Jan 17 20:08:18 UTC 2024

Hi Simon,

On 2024-01-17 17:53, Simon Nash wrote:
> I have tested this using JDK 23 build 5 and it works as expected.
>
> As I understand it, the original change JDK-8294427 has been
> backported to JDK 21u, 17u and 11u. What needs to happen to backport
> this change to 22u and also these older versions?

Rajat is backporting this fix to 22u. He will also backport it to Oracle
JDK 21u, 17u and 11u.

For OpenJDK-based releases, you or anyone from the OpenJDK community
needs to backport the fix into corresponding releases. For more
information, see Backporting section in OpenJDK Developers’ Guide, in
particular “Requesting approvals for backports” and “Using the Skara
tooling to help with backports”:

https://openjdk.org/guide/#backporting
https://openjdk.org/guide/#requesting-approvals-for-backports
https://openjdk.org/guide/#using-the-skara-tooling-to-help-with-backports