RFR: 8327753: Convert javax/swing/JOptionPane/8024926/bug8024926.java applet to main [v2]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Wed Mar 13 07:57:13 UTC 2024

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 05:43:20 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Remove redundant dir
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JOptionPane/bug8024926.java line 46:
>
>> 44:                 Verify that high resolution system icons are used
>> 45:                  in JOptionPane on HiDPI displays.
>> 46:                 1) Run the test on Retina display or enable the Quartz Debug
>
> Quartz debug ? How ? And we don't even use Quartz.
> The pass criteria is completely subjective.
> So this test looks like it needs to be better.
> If you can't figure out a better test for this in less than a day just delete this useless thing.

I can remove the "Quartz debug" portion if it is not applicable, but as you know, it's a straight lift from the existing instructions...The reviewer that time did not object to this phrase it seems (was it used that time and subsequently revoked later?)
https://hg.openjdk.org/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/rev/4991a758abef

Also, the product fix has another test `test/javax/swing/JMenuItem/8031573/bug8031573.java`	which also put the same pass criteria that icons should be smooth and our manual testing team has not made any objections to the instructions of both test it seems..