Automatic Resource Management, V.2

Joshua Bloch jjb at google.com
Mon Apr 20 00:30:36 PDT 2009

Rémi,
Good question. We did it to eliminate the possibility of name clashes in
existing programs. JBoss actually uses the name AutoCloseable. Types in
java.lang are automatically imported, and putting AutoCloseable in
java.lang.auto avoids this issue. It doesn't make the construct any less
usable, as you don't have to mention AutoCloseable explicitly to use the
construct.

Josh