Syntax patterns: more statistics.

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Wed Apr 22 05:40:06 PDT 2009

Am 20.04.2009 16:58, Ruslan Shevchenko schrieb:
> openjdk7 (standard java library)
> all catchs      :       8404
> all ifs :       28494
> all integer literals    :       124356
> big integer literals(undescores)        :       4066
> byte literal    :       1454
> catch in finally        :       103
> elvis   :       877
> instanceof switch       :       318
> loop with remove        :       62
> multi catch     :       411
> object switch   :       1363
> rethrow clause  :       3264
> string in switch        :       445
> Files:9252
>
> Hope, this data will be useful in some cases.
> Regards !

Yes, it definitely is. Great to see the results for "object switch". 3
times more matches than "string in switch".
This is why I'm against widening switch statement to equals-semantics, see:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/coin-dev/2009-April/001328.html

I guess, widening to "expressioned object switch" would increase the
statistics even more.

Ruslan, thanks for including my proposal.

BTW: Have you also parsed JDK's private sun.* classes? I guess, there
are plenty of byte literals.

-Ulf