Kitchen-sink language problems on mac

Jonathan Gibbons Jonathan.Gibbons at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 12 14:06:09 PDT 2007

Christian,

Peter brought the issue of the compiled property files to my attention
last week.
I've filed Bug 6568290 to track the issue.

The short term workaround is to take and use a copy of the property compiler
from OpenJDK: make/tools/CompileProperties/CompileProperties.java
or to write your own class that you can use which will read and use the
.properties files directly.

As for the jtreg compiler tests, there are two issues that I know of.
The shell tests do not work in the mode where you put javac.jar on the
bootclasspath. The workaround for this is to use the -noshell argument
to jtreg to (temporarily) exclude those tests.  The other issue that came up
a couple of weeks ago is that there were some problems running the tests
in sameVM mode (the -s option.)  The workaround is not to use -s.
I have a fix for that latter problem, and we will be posting a new
version of
jttreg soon, I hope.

-- Jon