Review Request - 2 : JDK-8031670: remove unneeded -source option from javadoc tests

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Sat Mar 1 14:06:12 PST 2014

Hi Neil,

Typically with negative tests, we do a golden file check on the
non-localized output to verify the right error is reported in the right
location. However, for testing the supported-ness of the source value,
that isn't really necessary.

Instead of adding SourceOption2.java as a separate file, please sightly
restructure SourceOption to allow it to take a source option as an
argument.

In other words, the jtreg tags could be like

   29  * @run main/fail SourceOption 7
   30  * @run main  SourceOption latest

as long the main method translated from 7/latest to a source argument
for the string array that gets passed in.

Look at javax.lang.model.SourceVersion to compute latest, or if you want
to keep things simpler, just support

   29  * @run main/fail SourceOption 7
   30  * @run main  SourceOption 9

and pass the source argument down.

Otherwise, the changes look fine to go back.

Thanks,

-Joe