RFR: 8035063: Option handling in sjavac needs to be rewritten

Erik Joelsson erik.joelsson at oracle.com
Wed Mar 19 13:58:51 UTC 2014

I should fill in that the background for this change is that there are a
bunch of directories named "doc-files" in the classes source dir. They
have been there a long time. These contain html and gif files (mainly)
that shouldn't get copied into the output classes directory.

In a recent cleanup of the copy mechanism, I changed the copy rules to
by default include html and gif files and explicitly exclude those that
shouldn't be included, rather than explicitly listing what should be
copied. Because of this, we now have the following exclude rules:

# These directories should not be copied at all
EXCLUDES += \
     com/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/security/resource/schema \
     java/awt/doc-files \
     java/lang/doc-files \
     javax/swing/doc-files \
     javax/swing/text/doc-files \
     javax/swing/plaf/synth/doc-files \
     javax/swing/undo/doc-files \
     sun/awt/X11/doc-files \
     sun/util/cldr/resources \
     #

When building with sjavac, these get translated to "-e
java.awt.doc-files.*" which sjavac does not accept, because doc-files
are not proper package names. Another possible fix would be to filter
out non valid package names from the excludes sent to sjavac.

/Erik