javac8 with jdk7

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Tue Mar 25 22:51:06 UTC 2014

Well, you've jumped all the way to -Xbootclasspath/p:.   You jumped over
-bootclasspath alias -Xbootclasspath which are more likely candidates
for what it seems you are trying to do.

If you want to set the platform libraries for your compilation,
-bootclasspath is the way to go.   And, in case it is not obvious, note
that -bootclasspath, -Xbootclasspath and its variants are all options to
javac itself, and not to the underlying JVM.

-- Jon