Public review of rearchitected front-end type annotations pipeline

Eric McCorkle eric.mccorkle at oracle.com
Fri May 9 20:34:38 UTC 2014

On 05/09/14 16:20, Werner Dietl wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> two quick questions:
>
> - I don't see "Stress" anywhere in the patch. Is that test case included?

Apologies, Stress.java got left out by accident.  That has been corrected.

> - Is there a reason to not use @Deprecated for the classes/methods
> that will be removed?

There are still some uses of the deprecated code, which will produce
warnings.  Since javac is required to compile with -Werror, we can't
have warnings.

> Is this a good time to adapt the Checker Framework to these changes or
> should I wait for patch 3?

You should be fine.  Patch 3 does some very minor code moving, and a
whole lot of removal.