RFR 8154270: javac wrongly rejects some class literals as annotation element values

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at google.com
Thu Apr 21 23:59:28 UTC 2016

Thanks for the review! The updated patch is attached.

> * since the issue can be exposed in two ways (reflection and separate
> compilation), I'd like to see two tests; you have one for reflection -
> having also the other for separate compilation would be great (since that
> area tends to get neglected)

To confirm, do you mean the "javac -implicit:none Other.java" example in
the original thread? I added that to the test.

I also thought about testing against a bad class file, but that doesn't
exercise anything in the patch and I don't have a good way to generate a
class with the problem (ASM won't write classes with this issue, and now
javac won't either).

> * I'm not a lawyer - and I'm not sure whether the copyright header in your
> test is correct ;-)

Oops. Any concerns with using the same header (except for the date) as
this:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/file/c0f3840e225a/test/java/util/zip/EntryCount64k.java
?