RFR : JDK-8071367 - JMX: Remove SNMP support

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Mar 8 07:46:14 UTC 2018

On 08/03/2018 07:27, Amit Sapre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please review the changes for removing SNMP support.
>
> Bug ID : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8071367
>
> Webrev :
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asapre/webrev/2018/JDK-8071367/webrev.00
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Easapre/webrev/2018/JDK-8071367/webrev.00>

cc'ing compiler-dev for help on javac/resources/legacy.properties. I'm
not 100% sure if it is used when compiling to old releases or not.

As you are re-wording the class description for jdk.internal.agent.Agent
then we might as well get it right. The Agent class loaded and its
static no-arg startAgent method is invoked when a system property
starting with "com.sun.management" is specified on the command line. We
could expand this to include the case where it is started in a running
VM too.

build.properties - I assume the empty value for excludes shouldn't have
a continuation character now.

The rest looks good to me.

-Alan.