RFR : JDK-8071367 - JMX: Remove SNMP support

mandy chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Thu Mar 8 20:02:52 UTC 2018

On 3/7/18 11:46 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 08/03/2018 07:27, Amit Sapre wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please review the changes for removing SNMP support.
>>
>> Bug ID : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8071367
>>
>> Webrev :
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~asapre/webrev/2018/JDK-8071367/webrev.00
>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Easapre/webrev/2018/JDK-8071367/webrev.00>
>>
> cc'ing compiler-dev for help on javac/resources/legacy.properties. I'm
> not 100% sure if it is used when compiling to old releases or not.

I think legacy.properties is for compiling for older releases prior to 9
and it should not be changed.   Let's get the compiler team to confirm.

> As you are re-wording the class description for
> jdk.internal.agent.Agent then we might as well get it right. The Agent
> class loaded and its static no-arg startAgent method is invoked when a
> system property starting with "com.sun.management" is specified on the
> command line. We could expand this to include the case where it is
> started in a running VM too.

Good suggestion.

> build.properties - I assume the empty value for excludes shouldn't
> have a continuation character now.
>
> The rest looks good to me.

I look through the webrev.  No other comment besides called out above.

I created https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199358 to track the
docs update.

Mandy