RFR: 8228571: [TESTBUG] Fix tests failing on non-aot platforms after JDK-8227512

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Thu Jul 25 13:28:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

after catching up with this discussion, I agree that the most pragmatic fix for now would be to backout JDK-8227512 and add graal specific exclusions.

That's what I do here: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8228571.2/

If you all agree, I'll create another JBS Bug about the underlying issues regarding this test with limiting modules to jdk.compiler on a graal enabled VM and add that to the problem list entries.

I also think that it's not the time now to introduce the machinery behind `@requires !vm.graal.enabled` to langtools testing.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
Christoph