RFR: JDK-8290901: Reduce use of -source in langtools tests [v4]

Joe Darcy darcy at openjdk.org
Fri Jul 29 00:53:44 UTC 2022

> To a first approximation, this change replaces use of "-source", where possible, with the preferable "--release" javac option. (There are cases where this swap is not desirable, such as when newer library features are being used in the test.)
>
> A few unneeded uses of -source were removed entirely.
>
> I'll update copyrights before any push.

Joe Darcy has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Remove one more unneeded -Xlint:-options usage.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9622/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9622/files/3a6cb666..f24c3f6c

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=9622&range=03
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=9622&range=02-03

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/9622/head:pull/9622

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9622