Source of sun.nio.cs.StandardCharsets.java - Please help!

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Sat Apr 11 14:26:14 UTC 2009

Hi all,

as I'm working on Windows and I don't have Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2008 (VS2008) Standard
Edition compiler, I can't run makefiles.

So I ask you, if somebody can run OpenJDK7\jdk\make\java\nio\Makefile for me, to generate source of
sun.nio.cs.StandardCharsets.java (output of > \jdk\make\java\nio\genCharsetProvider.sh).

Additionally I have modified (see attachment):
OpenJDK7\jdk\make\java\nio\genCharsetProvider.sh
OpenJDK7\jdk\src\share\classes\sun\nio\cs\standard-charsets

Please too run the makefile with my modifications, and send me the resulting output
sun.nio.cs.StandardCharsets.java.
If there are some syntax errors (I'm not familiar with make syntax) in my modified
genCharsetProvider.sh, please try to correct them.

Thanks in advance for your investigation,

-Ulf

P.S.: please send your answer via the mailing list, so nobody would do the work twice.