Source of sun.nio.cs.StandardCharsets.java - Please help!

Xueming Shen Xueming.Shen at Sun.COM
Sun Apr 12 07:43:02 UTC 2009

Ulf,

While I am kind of able to guess what you want to achieve I'm not sure I
understand what
your modified "awk script" is supposed to do. genCharsetProvider.sh is a
shell scrip + awk,
it should be easy to experiment in any popular shell tool (cygwin)
without a C/C++ compiler
installed. I have to admit that I am not aware that awk supports the
syntax you are using, so I
can't  help more on them.

Just took a quick look at the original awk script, it looks like there
might be some "old" leftover code,
it should be simplified to something like below (let me know if I'm
wrong on this one)

Sherman

------------------------------------
72c72,73
<   BEGIN { n = 1; }
---
 >   BEGIN { n = 1; m = 1; }

74c75,79
<     n++;
---
 >     csn = $2; cln = $3;
 >     lcsn = tolower(csn);
 >     lcsns[n++] = lcsn;
 >     csns[lcsn] = csn;
 >     classMap[lcsn] = cln;
77c82
<     printf "    static final String[] aliases_%s = new String[] {\n", $3;
---
 >     printf "    static final String[] aliases_%s = new String[] {\n",
cln;
80a86,87
 >     acsns[m++] = tolower($2);
 >     aliasMap[tolower($2)] = lcsn;