Build error with GCC4.8 on Fedora19

Yasu yasu at ysfactory.dip.jp
Tue Jul 9 11:11:17 UTC 2013

Hi Erik,

I posted email as following:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2013-July/018790.html
---
Hi,

I tried to build JDK8 with GCC4.8 on Fedora19.
However, build process has been failed as following:

------
/usr/src/OpenJDK/tl/jdk/src/solaris/native/sun/nio/fs/UnixNativeDispatcher.c: In function ‘Java_sun_nio_fs_UnixNativeDispatcher_getgrnam0’:
/usr/src/OpenJDK/tl/jdk/src/solaris/native/sun/nio/fs/UnixNativeDispatcher.c:1071:68: warning: unused parameter ‘this’ [-Wunused-parameter]
 Java_sun_nio_fs_UnixNativeDispatcher_getgrnam0(JNIEnv* env, jclass this,
                                                                    ^
gmake[1]: *** [libs-only] Error 2
make: *** [jdk-only] Error 2
------

I guess this issue is caused by -Werror.
So I've made a patch and it seems to work fine.

Could you push this patch?

Thanks,

Yasumasa Suenaga
---

I think that this is GCC spec.
This option is described in manpage of gcc as following:

---
       -Wunused
           All the above -Wunused options combined.

           In order to get a warning about an unused function parameter, you
           must either specify -Wextra -Wunused (note that -Wall implies
           -Wunused), or separately specify -Wunused-parameter.
---

Thanks,

Yasumasa