Review request: JDK-7147084 (process) appA hangs when read output stream of appB which starts appC that runs forever (v.1)

Rob McKenna rob.mckenna at oracle.com
Wed Jul 17 04:44:49 UTC 2013

Hi Alexey,

I've just had a look at the webrev. Looks good. Unfortunately I'm not a
reviewer here so the only benefit was for my education I'm afraid. It
would be great to get Alan's input next week.

For the benefit of the alias: I had asked Alexey if an intermediate
launcher akin to the one described by MS and found in 5049299 would make
sense. Alexey mentioned the cost of launching processes on windows was
pretty high making this approach preferable.

     -Rob