Java 8 RFR 8020539: Clean up doclint problems in java.util package, part 2

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Thu Jul 18 01:03:12 UTC 2013

I'm surprised no one has explained.
The jsr166 project is upstream of openjdk and is primarily maintained by
Doug Lea.
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/index.html
Essentially every file that can be found in Doug's CVS under src/main/util
is destined for inclusion in openjdk.
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/src/main/java/util/
If modifications are made to openjdk directly, they are at risk of being
overwritten in the next sync.

I wish syncs from jsr166 => openjdk were more frequent.  Certainly right
now is a good time in the release process to do these kinds of syncs (and
in fact they are in progress in other changesets).