8016036: RMI specification needs to be updated to allow Activation on remote hosts

Bob Vandette Bob.Vandette at oracle.com
Mon Jul 29 14:12:07 UTC 2013

Alan,

Excuse me if I'm a bit frustrated by this issue ...

We keep going around and around on this issue.  We had a discussion with Stuart and the JCK
team and Stuart didn't want to change the specification.  Has he now changed his mind?

Security and configuration issues aside, I don't understand why it doesn't make sense to remote
activate an Object in an API that is supposed implement "Remote Method Invocation" support.
The fact that it only supports activation on a local host seems to be a bug to me.

Bob.