Review request for JDK-8014834 : shell tests don't begin with #!/bin/sh

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jun 3 10:07:46 UTC 2013

On 01/06/2013 13:32, Eric McCorkle wrote:
> Thanks, Kumar.  Do I have a second?

For the jdk repository then only one reviewer is required although in
specialized or complicated areas then having a reviewer that knows the
area well is important. In this case I think you are good to go.

Just on Kumar's comment then I think a lot of the shell tests start with
"#!" already so I would expect that scripts that check or fix-up
copyright headers should be able to deal with this already. Another
point, and maybe this for follow-on work, is that many of the shell
tests don't have anything so it would be good to fix them up too. We
should of course keep an eye out for opportunities to replace the shell
tests as our ultimate goal should be to get rid of them.

-Alan.