U60 change makes annotations visible in synthesized methods, causes CDI to see lambdas as observer methods

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Wed Aug 26 18:12:17 UTC 2015

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Remi Forax <remi.forax at u-pem.fr> wrote:
>> IMO, it seems to be a bug of the CDI implementation,
>> as you said the method corresponding to the lambda body is synthetized so it should be ignored by the CDI implementation, no ?

I concur with Remi’s prescription; CDI should be ignoring synthetic members.

>> BTW, it's the wrong list, lambdas are delivered so you should have use core-lib-dev instead (in CC).
>
> core-lib-dev, hmm, who would have thought? But I'll keep it in mind
> for future messages. Thanks!

Actually since you’re asking about changes in compiler behavior, compiler-dev might be the right choice here.  But Remi is correct, lambda-dev is finished, and now lambda-related questions go to the appropriate jdk component list.