RFR(xxs): 8139037: [aix] Crash in ResolverConfigurationImpl.c - pointer shearing

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:28:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

please review and sponsor this AIX fix.

in ResolverConfigurationImpl.c, we may crash because strchr() is used
without prototype, which causes the C compiler to default to an int return
type, which means we loose the upper 32bit of the pointer returned by
strchr().

The solution is to include string.h.

Before, string.h was conditionally included for all platforms but AIX -
reason is not really clear to me. But as strchr() is POSIX and always in
string.h, I included string.h unconditionally for all Unices.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stuefe/webrevs/8139037/webrev.00/webrev/

Kind Regards, Thomas